Saturday, July 23, 2016

Stripes cont.

To make stripes that have wider spaces than the stripe I use a deferent method. I make line and dot like before but the dot is bigger and I only make one, I then use the rectangular marquee tool to make a copy and move it up same as before, this is much faster than changing the brush size over and over.

Safety stripes (AKA zebra or chevron), found on diesel switchers and road hood mostly.

What you need is a good photo to go by as there is no standard as to size, color, or location. I have done some that have small strips on the foot boards and bigger ones on the hood. All of them are at an angle witch makes using a one pixel line imposable as it looks very bad in game.

I start out by adding a center guide line over the end view of the loco and guide lines where I well be cutting, that is the tops, bottoms, and sides.

 
 
Next you need to make a guise as to size, if you can find a photo that is head on you can re-size it and get the right size. So this is what I make.
 
 
 
Note that I made them horizontal first.
 
Next I make them at 45° and so that you can see what is behind them.
 
 
 
This is where you find out if your size is right and if you have the right number of stripes( I did not have the right number in the sample above).
 
Next you cut the stripes to fit one side only.
 
 
Last step is to copy and flip the other side.
 


 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment