Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 3

Bogey Shadows


Today I made the shadow for the bogey so a bit about shadows first.

All kind Traincar and Bogey must have a shadow mesh and it can only have 1,333 vertex's or it will be replaced by a box. The mesh should not have a texture just a black color. The bogey shadow mesh should go below the track as all the new track is higher and dose not have a shadow so if you look you can see the wheel shadow dose not touch the ground as it should.
Note: you can not animate a shadow.

To make one I start with a cylinder just a little smaller than the wheel diameter and as wide as the two wheels. I then stretch half to the other wheel sets and lower the bottom plane. It looks like this.



I also started on the side frames. I make them like Lego blocks so I can do a Boolean to make holes without getting a lot of extra polys, I will weld them all into one when done. Below you see the first 4 blocks that only have 2 Booleans done, I just copy and re-size a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment