Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 2

So today I fixed the engine file I made yesterday as I had not tested it and found that under DCC I could only go 4 mph.

Started bogey number one. This loco is odd in that bogeys are 49 feet apart and unsymmetrical witch shows an oddity in Trainz in that if you just turn one bogey around to reuse it the loco dose an odd thing on going up or down a steppe grade, one bogey will rotate up the other down. The bogeys rotate based on how they where made not how they are used. So I had to make two.

I started with the bogey from my C-liner as it was 3 axle and had 42" wheels, just what I needed. I start by sizing a plan of just the bogey to the right size and center the pivot point at y=0 witch is 5" off from the center wheel. I export just the wheels to test in game. In game I see I had the wrong side and had to redo.

Note: I re-space the wheel by moving the "lattice" or "dummy" not the mesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment